Acne is probably the worst thing that could happen to anybody’s face. Having acne can negatively impact the lives of people affected by it. First, it makes your facial skin look ugly as instead of looking soft and smooth, it looks hard and rough. And even if you have been trying to cure the acne, you are not totally saved from the ugly look because of the scars.
Second, aside from the looks, acne causes discomfort as sometimes your face can itch. If you scratch it, it could ooze blood or pus. Most of all, the effects of acne can really be such an embarrassment and it has left many people feeling depressed already.
Because of the negative impacts of acne on peoples’ lives, there are many skin care products aimed to treat acne nowadays. But, it is either they don’t work or they cause side effects due to the chemicals in that product.
Good thing, acne can be cured naturally nowadays with the use of the oils from tea tree leaves extracted from an Australian native plant called melaleuca alternifolia. In fact, tea tree oils can be used for acne in 3 ways.
- Topical Acne Cream
Tea tree oils can be applied on the acne outbreak like a topical cream or ointment. You can do this in easy steps:
- Dab a cotton swab onto the oil and make sure the cotton is saturated well.
- Start applying the oil on the cotton swab onto the acne area without rinsing it.
- Do this process at least twice a day.
- Acne Astringent
In order to treat acne, many people use astringents as these products not only remove excess dirt from the face but also shrinks the facial pores so that no more dust and dirt can be trapped in it and trigger more outbreaks. However, these results to dryness of the skin due to the chemicals in it.
Tea tree oils can be used as acne astringent and it is better than chemical astringents because it is natural and won’t harm the skin. To use this oil as acne astringent rinse, here are some steps:
- Get a cup of water and add at least 4 drops of tea tree oil onto it.
- Use this to rinse your face after washing it with a gentle facial wash.
- Facial Mask for Acne
Facial masks are products left on the face after application and they are known to give benefits to the skin, especially in treating acne. You can use tea tree oil to make a natural facial mask.
- Crack one egg and separate the egg whites from the yolk.
- Add at least 4 drops of the oil to the egg white.
- Whisk the mixture well.
- Apply the whisked mixture on your face and leave it on for at least 15 minutes.
- Use lukewarm water when rinsing the mask off.
- This tea tree oil mask is good to be used once a week only.
As a tip when using oils from tea tree leaves for acne, make sure you test your skin first before applying the oil. This is so you can find out whether your skin is allergic or not.